Research Themes :
- Nutrigenomic study of natural genetics resources of local plant or animal dairy product in Indonesia for disease therapy as healthy food
- Molecular biomechanics of gene cascade of metabolic and degenerative diseases
- Genes mapping, DNA barcoding, and Forensic Analysis of Natural Resources
Lecturers and researchers in this group
- Prof. Fatchiyah, PhD.
- Prof. Dr.rar.nat Wolfgang Nellen
- Bambang Setiawan, SKed, MBiomed
- Dr. dr. Nurdiana, M.Kes
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Gatot Ciptadi, DESS
Description & Strategy
- Developing and exploring animal-based food as UB’s superior product and natural nutraceutical food based on goat milk or local plants
- Studying and analyzing the nutrigenomic mechanism of bioactive peptides found in goat milk or local plants as antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anti-allergenic
- Developing prototypes of bioactive goat milk peptides or local plants as immunomodulators for disease therapy
- The information obtained in this study is expected to be used as a basis for the development of individual genetically based nutraceutical food products and contribute to the study of human nutrition at various levels, from children to the elderly.
- and can donate to the government as a basis for increasing regional potential in East Java and nationally, as healthy food or biomedicine ingredients so that it can improve the community’s economy